Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Recycle Here!, Detroit, MI 48202

I was out and about looking for more Carl Oxley III artwork to photograph. He emailed me some locations in Hamtramck. After shooting there (got some video drive-bys too), I meandered my way to downtown Detroit and figured I would make my way back home by Grand River. But since it was still early, I took a side trip up Trumbull to check out the Recycle Here! depot at 1331 Holden Ave, Detroit, MI 48202. And there's some Oxley art there too.

DSCF2064a

The panels (above) over the Recycle Here! doorway are by Carl Oxley III.

The Oxley Bee is the logo for Recycle Here!
DSCF2074b


Below is a Marianne Audrey Burrows wall painting -  "Poppies" - and she painted the three panels on the connecting wall.

DSCF2060a

Three more of the happy Oxley bees.
DSCF2059a

And lots more artwork outside too. Wall art by Malt.
DSCF2057a

Below is the long view from the other side of Holden Street.

DSCF2070a

There's also,,,

...paintings on the loading doors...
DSCF2056a

...and on a trailer.
DSCF2055a

And further down Holden, the arrows point the way.
DSCF2073a

DSCF2066a


But all the action at Recycle Here! goes on through this opening...

DSCF2071a

It was so dark inside. I was surprised the video (below) came out so well. And it was busy! I was there for about an hour in the early afternoon on a Wednesday and people were in and out the whole time.

Check out my video.




Here's some photos from the inside...

DSCF2078a

Bee Green
DSCF2079a

Dirty Harry and Bozo
DSCF2082a


DSCF2083a

The Emergency Manager
DSCF2084a


DSCF2085a


And as you leave...

I believe in Detroit because
DSCF2088a


And this colorful piece of art is on the building across the street.
DSCF2068a

Learn more about recycling in Detroit at RecycleHere.net

See the Recycle Here! YouTube Channel

and you'll find more of Michigan artist, Carl Oxley III at popartmonkey.com

1 comment:

  1. It was so dark inside. I was surprised the video (below) came out so well. And it was busy! I was there for about an hour in the early afternoon on a Wednesday and people were in and out the whole time. mens necklaces wholesale france , mens necklaces wholesale uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...